Girl got electrocuted in her sleep by her faulty iPhone charging cable [PHOTOS]


A girl of 14-year-old has reportedly died in Vietnam, after she was electrocuted in her sleep by her faulty iPhone charging cable.

It was reported by Vietnamese capital Hanoi that the girl named Le Thi Xoan, rolled over onto the torn cable and had as a result been exposed to the live wire.

She was found unconscious by her parents and rushed to a local hospital; however, doctors were unable to revive her and pronounced her dead.

Medics also confirmed electrocution as the cause of death.

Police found the burnt white cable on her bed and believe a slight tear in the rubber casing may have revealed the live wires inside.

According to investigators, the police believe the girl had plugged her Apple device into charge and laid the iPhone 6 on her bed like she did every night.

They said the tragedy likely struck as she slept and rolled onto the iPhone’s charging cable, which electrocuted her with the current.

The charging cable is being inspected but the authorities said they are yet to determine whether it was the original Apple wire or a third-party device.

In a picture showing the burnt cable, it appears to be shorter than Apple’s original 20-inch charging cable.

See-through tape had also been wrapped around the front of the cable, suggesting that the victim may have been aware of the wear and tear but decided to continue using it regardless.

See more photos below;

    






Comments