Electricity Distribution worker gets electrocuted while fixing problems on pole in Ikorodu


A male worker of the Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) reportedly got electrocuted on Wednesday, May 30, while fixing power problems caused by road reconstruction in the area.

The tragic incident occurred at Olainukan Bus Stop, Isawo, Ikorodu and the victim was confirmed dead on the spot, Vanguard reports.

Read Also: Suspected cable thief meets his death, electrocuted in Lagos

According to gathered reports, the electricity poles had been re-positioned, leading to power outage, as a result of the ongoing road construction in the area.

Some employees of the distribution company had been sent to fix the problem after complaints were received from residents of the area. Upon arrival, one of them proceeded to mount the pole, as his colleagues remained on ground to render support.

Things suddenly went out of control however, when power supply to the area was mistakenly reconnected by a colleague at the power station, while the deceased was still on the pole.

Read Also: Girl got electrocuted in her sleep by her faulty iPhone charging cable [PHOTOS]

His colleagues rallied to rescue him, but there was nothing they could do to save him. The area was immediately thrown into mourning.

In a similar development, NAIJ.com previously reported that a staff of the Kano Electricity Distribution Company (KERDCO) identified as Usaini Usman, was electrocuted in Kano state.

Usman, 37, was electrocuted after his head got in contact with a high tension power line while disconnecting an electricity cable at the Federal College of Education.

Read Also: BEDC technician killed by electrocution during mass disconnection in Delta State

He was conveyed to the Murtala Mohammed Specialist Hospital where he was confirmed dead.

Comments